EN
Interiors of historic buildings today: 9–17h
Outer bailey gardens today: 8–20h

Old Parish School

The Old Parish School will attract both children and adults with its modern and interactive exposition devoted to events from the town history and to famous Kolín personalities.


History

The building of the oldest Kolín school was founded in 14th century in the area of the main town graveyard where it formed a part of the St.Bartholomew´s church grounds. The present-day building is not the original one for it was founded after the fire in the original building in 1532. The school served its purpose until the end of 16th century, and until 19th century it was rebuilt several times into a residential house.