EN
Interiors of historic buildings today: zavřeno
Outer bailey gardens today: 9–20h

Belfry

Independently standing belfry from the beginning of 16th century. In the basement you can visit a Lapidarium, on the first floor the restored church treasure is displayed and from the outer gallery you can admire the view of the town.


History

The late-gothic belfry from the beginning of 16th century was reconstructed several times in connection with the fires which affected it at the end of 18th century and in the second half of 19th century. The present-day look is the result of purist reconstruction from 1872.


Church Treasure

Church treasure

The room on the elevated ground-floor of St.Bartholomew´s belfry has served its purpose of storing valuables probably since its foundation at the beginning of 16th century. Nowadays a part of church treasure of Roman-Catholic church is displayed in this area. It includes a collection of valuable historic objects and vessels from gilded silver used either for masses (liturgy) or cult (devotio).

The core is formed by objects from the treasure house of St.Bartholomew´s church in Kolín. A numerous collection of these objects from 17th-20th century has been preserved, however, the amount is just a fragment of past dazzling beauty which served for celebration of God as well as for expression of personal piousness and gratefulness of many generations of Kolín citizens

Lapidarium

Lapidarium

The Lapidarium including historic and architectonic parts from St.Bartholomew´s Church and other buildings in the church grounds was created in the vault of the belfry in 2020. The Lapidarium presents mainly original gothic architectonic parts which were changed during the church reconstruction in the second half of 19th century and then freely displayed in the area of neighbouring wall outer bailey. Some features were later installed into the support walls near the city walls where they can be found today. Other medieval fragments were found in 2004-2020 during the reconstruction of the church and its adjacent buildings.

The most significant stone feature is the collection of early-gothic capitals of vault support from the second half of 13th century and a part of  pinnacle from the supportive system of late-gothic choir-loft from the second half of 14th century. The unique features are the fragments of the original stone decoration of Parléř´s pastoforium (a case for depositing and displaying The Blesses Sacrament) from about 1370.